Dentures in Salina, KS
Dentures are artificial teeth that are designed to replace all an individual’s teeth on the upper arch or the lower arch. Whereas, partials are designed to replace several missing teeth located on the same arch (i.e., upper or lower).
Dentures and Partials Offer Patients a Variety of Benefits
It takes about 30 days to adjust to a new pair of dentures or a new partial, however, once these initial adjustment days have passed, patients enjoy a variety of benefits that directly relate to these dental devices.
Benefits of partials and dentures in Salina, Kansas:
- When teeth are missing, the cheeks begin to collapse inward. Sunken-in cheeks can add years to the face. Having dentures or a partial to replace missing teeth can keep the cheeks from sinking in; thus, helping patients look younger, longer.
- These dental devices are simple to clean, which makes them easy to maintain.
- Replacing missing teeth with dentures or a partial can help improve the way an individual pronounces words.
- Partials help protect the remaining teeth by taking on some of the excessive force that is present during the chewing process.
- Partials keep the remaining natural teeth from shifting.
- By replacing the missing teeth, patients can chew more effectively, which improves his or her overall digestion.
- Partials are a good option when the area missing teeth is unable to be addressed with a permanent bridge.
What are Dentures and Partials Made Of?
Dentures are frequently constructed using acrylic resin, porcelain, plastic, metal or a combination of these materials. Partials may be created using plastic with a bendable quality. These kinds of partials are referred to as flexible dentures.
At the Fine Art of Family Dentistry in Salina, Kansas, Dr. Lynn R. Wuthnow and Dr. Blake E. Wuthnow provide men, and women with beautifully crafted replacement teeth. These teeth are available in the form of prosthetic devices, such as dentures and partials.
If you are missing teeth and would like to learn more about your tooth replacement options in Salina, Kansas, contact the Fine Art of Family Dentistry today at 785-823-5568 to schedule an appointment.